|Eat Tangerines Daily|
TangerineThe tangerine is a cross between the mandarin orange and the bitter orange, and is named for the main mandarin shipment port of Tangier, Morocco. Today, tangerines are grown mainly in the southeastern United States. This loose-skinned orange hybrid is a deep, almost red color, and peels easily.
Health Benefits of Tangerine
- Anti Septic: Staphylococcus Aureus! Yes! This is the species of bacteria which is responsible for this dreaded situation of infection called septic. Septic is a real bad stuff. It is not only limited to mere swelling and reddening of the wounds, with acute pain. If not checked, it quickly spreads to the other parts of the body and affects them, even if there are no wounds there. It causes acute pain, immobility and hardening of joints, acute contraction and cramp in muscles, swelling, redness, fever and convulsions. It readily attacks the new born babies as their skin is vulnerable to infections. It also attacks them when they are detached from their mother’s body by cutting the umbilical cord. The Essential Oil of Tangerine contains certain components which kill these bacteria and stops its spreading, thereby helping cure septic. It can be externally applied on open wounds as well as taken orally for having a uniform effect on the whole body.
- Anti Spasmodic: Spasm may be a small word but its effects may be widespread and highly damaging. Spasm is not restricted to muscular cramps only. It can happen in respiratory system, digestive system and nervous system also and can cause breathing troubles, asthma, congestion, severe coughs, spasmodic diarrhoea and cholera, nervous afflictions and convulsions. The Essential Oil of Tangerine induces relaxations in the organic systems named above and gives relief from spasm.
- Cytophylactic: Certain components of this oil stimulate generation of new cells, or more precisely, cell division, and recycling of the cellular matter in the body. This does not only promote general growth of the body but also helps heal or repair the regular wear and tear and outstanding damages done to the body.
- Depurative: An agent that purifies blood is called a depurative. The Tangerine Essential Oil is one such depurative. It helps in the excretion or removal of the toxic and unwanted substances such as uric acid, pollutants, extra salt and water from the body through sweat, urine and excreta etc. as well as increases the oxygen retaining capacity of the erythrocytes (red blood cells), thereby refreshing or purifying the blood.
- Sedative: The Essential Oil of Tangerine soothes. It soothes all types of inflammations and hyperactivity in all the systems functioning in our body, namely, the respiratory system, circulatory system, digestive system, nervous system and the excretory system. It sedates inflammation due to fever, intrusion of poisonous substances in the blood stream from external sources, convulsions, anxiety, stress, hypersensitivity of allergy etc. It also sedates depression, anger and impulsive responses.
- Stomachic: Being a stomachic, the Essential Oil of Tangerine keeps your stomach in good condition by maintaining proper flow of digestive juices into it, by maintaining the right balance between the acid and bile (so that excess acids are neutralized) and by curing the wounds, if any, in the stomach. It soothes the stomach and gives relief from inflammation. One thing must be understood, if somebody wants to have a trouble free health and a good physique, then he must keep his stomach fine tuned and this is exactly what this oil does. It helps your stomach keep functioning properly.
- Tonic: One that tones and fortifies is a tonic and Tangerine Essential Oil has this property. It tones up all the functions in the body. It fine tunes the metabolic functions like decomposition of food and absorption of nutrients by toning up the liver, stomach and intestines, helping in growth and adding to strength; ensures proper excretion; promotes the endocrinal secretions of hormones and enzymes and also tones up the nervous system and keeps you more alert and active, and finally, boosts the immune system, protecting you from infections. So, when your body is tuned and toned up, it will give you more mileage and output and will spring up to your every twist on the accelerator (I mean, in times of need).
- Other Benefits: It improves circulation of blood and phlegm, boosts digestion, helps maintain oil and moisture balance in the skin and shows cicatrisant and emollient properties too. It also eases constipation and treats diarrhoea, flatulence, rashes, dryness and cracking of skin, hair problems, dandruff etc.
|Prepare Your Next Salad With Tangerines|
The Research and ResultsResearchers led by Murray Huff set out to study a flavonoid in tangerines known as Nobiletin. They used two groups of mice and fed both groups a typical "western" diet high in fats and simple sugars. The only difference was that one group received Nobiletin as part of the diet, while the other group did not.
In a longer-term study performed by the same research team, the mice treated with Nobiletin also were protected against atherosclerosis in the arteries, a buildup of plaque that often leads to heart attack or stroke.
You can now enjoy the many benefits of eating tangerines by incorporating this delish fruit into your healthy diet. Tangerines can be used in a variety of ways from salad to a low calorie drink. Eating the right foods is food for your soul...so enjoy!!